- Nothing changed yet.
- Fixed a ReST error in getDoc() results when having “subfields” with titles.
- Make sure that the title for
IObject.validate_invariantsis a unicode string.
SimpleTermtoken for non-ASCII bytes values.
NativeStringLinedistinct types that implement the newly-distinct interfaces
INativeStringLine. Previously these were just aliases for either
Text(on Python 3) or
Bytes(on Python 2).
key_typeis present. Previously it could produce ReST that generated Sphinx warnings. See issue 76.
DottedNameaccept leading underscores for each segment.
PythonIdentifier, which accepts one segment of a dotted name, e.g., a python variable or class.
- Add the interface
IFromBytes, which is implemented by the numeric and bytes fields, as well as
- Fix passing
Noneas the description to a field constructor. See issue 69.
NotAnInterface, an exception derived from
SchemaNotProvidedand raised by the constructor of
Objectand when validation fails for
boundfield and the common superclasses
OrderableOutOfBounds, respectively, both of which inherit from
- Fix checking a field’s constraint to set the
valueproperties if the constraint raises a
ValidationError. See issue 66.
- Add support for Python 3.7.
Objectinstances call their schema’s
validateInvariantsmethod by default to collect errors from functions decorated with
@invariantwhen validating. This can be disabled by passing
Objectconstructor. See issue 10.
ValidationErrorcan be sorted on Python 3.
Idconsistently handle non-ASCII unicode values on Python 2 and 3 by raising
fromUnicoderespectively. Previously, a
UnicodeEncodeErrorwould be raised on Python 2 while Python 3 would raise the descriptive exception.
Fieldinstances are hashable on Python 3, and use a defined hashing algorithm that matches what equality does on all versions of Python. Previously, on Python 2, fields were hashed based on their identity. This violated the rule that equal objects should have equal hashes, and now they do. Since having equal hashes does not imply that the objects are equal, this is not expected to be a compatibility problem. See issue 36.
Fieldinstances are only equal when their
.interfaceis equal. In practice, this means that two otherwise identical fields of separate schemas are not equal, do not hash the same, and can both be members of the same
set. Prior to this release, when hashing was identity based but only worked on Python 2, that was the typical behaviour. (Field objects that are not members of a schema continue to compare and hash equal if they have the same attributes and interfaces.) See issue 40.
- Orderable fields, including
Time, can now have a
missing_valuewithout needing to specify concrete
maxvalues (they must still specify a
defaultvalue). See issue 9.
SimpleTermall gracefully handle using Unicode token values with non-ASCII characters by encoding them with the
backslashreplaceerror handler. See issue 15 and PR 6.
- All instances of
valueattribute that is set to the field that raised the exception and the value that failed validation.
ValidationErrorsubclasses for literals that cannot be parsed. These subclasses also subclass
ValueErrorfor backwards compatibility.
- Add a new exception
SchemaNotCorrectlyImplemented, a subclass of
WrongContainedTypethat is raised by the
Objectfield. It has a dictionary (
schema_errors) mapping invalid schema attributes to their corresponding exception, and a list (
invariant_errors) containing the exceptions raised by validating invariants. See issue 16.
- Add new fields
MutableMapping, corresponding to the collections ABCs of the same name;
Dictnow extends and specializes
MutableMappingto only accept instances of
- Add new fields
MutableSequence, corresponding to the collections ABCs of the same name;
- Add new field
ICollection. This is the base class of
Sequence. Previously this was known as
AbstractCollectionand was not public. It can be subclassed to add
uniqueattributes at the class level, enabling a simpler constructor call. See issue 23.
schemaattribute defined by a subclass, enabling a simpler constructor call. See issue 23.
- Add fields and interfaces representing Python’s numeric tower. In
descending order of generality these are
Real, and the
Number. See issue 49.
SimpleVocabulary.fromItemsaccept triples to allow specifying the title of terms. See issue 18.
ITitledTokenizedTermswhen a title is actually provided.
Choicefields reliably raise a
ValidationErrorwhen a named vocabulary cannot be found; for backwards compatibility this is also a
ValueError. Previously this only worked when the default
VocabularyRegistrywas in use, not when it was replaced with zope.vocabularyregistry. See issue 55.
SimpleTermhave value-based equality and hashing methods.
- All fields of the schema of an
Objectfield are bound to the top-level value being validated before attempting validation of their particular attribute. Previously only
IChoicefields were bound. See issue 17.
- Share the internal logic of
Objectfield validation and
zope.schema.getValidationErrors. See issue 57.
Field.getDoc()return more information about the properties of the field, such as its required and readonly status. Subclasses can add more information using the new method
Field.getExtraDocLines(). This is used to generate Sphinx documentation when using repoze.sphinx.autointerface. See issue 60.
- Drop support for Python 2.6, 3.2, and 3.3.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for ‘setup.py test’. Use zope.testrunner instead.
- Fix description of min max field: max value is included, not excluded.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add an event on field properties to notify that a field has been updated.
This event enables definition of subscribers based on an event, a context
and a field. The event contains also the old value and the new value.
(also see package
zope.schemaeventthat define a field event handler)
- PEP 8 cleanup.
- Don’t raise RequiredMissing if a field’s defaultFactory returns the field’s missing_value.
boostrap.pyto version 2.2.
- Add the ability to swallow ValueErrors when rendering a SimpleVocabulary, allowing for cases where vocabulary items may be duplicated (e.g., due to user input).
- Include the field name in
- Fix Python 2.6 support. (Forgot to run tox with all environments before last release.)
- Make sure that we do not fail during bytes decoding of term token when generated from a bytes value by ignoring all errors. (Another option would have been to hexlify the value, but that would break way too many tests.)
- Fix a bug where bytes values were turned into tokens inproperly in Python 3.
zope.schema.fieldproperty.createFieldProperties()function which maps schema fields into
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Fix the default property of fields that have no defaultFactory attribute.
- Automate build of Sphinx HTML docs and running doctest snippets via tox.
- Drop explicit support for Python 3.1.
- Introduce NativeString and NativeStringLine which are equal to Bytes and BytesLine on Python 2 and Text and TextLine on Python 3.
- Change IURI from a Bytes string to a “native” string. This is a backwards incompatibility which only affects Python 3.
- Bring unit test coverage to 100%.
- Move doctests from the package and wired up as normal Sphinx documentation.
- Add explicit support for PyPy.
- Add support for continuous integration using
- Drop the external
sixdependency in favor of a much-trimmed
- Ensure tests pass when run under
setup.py devalias (runs
setup.py developplus installs
setup.py docsalias (installs
- Remove trailing slash in MANIFEST.in, it causes Winbot to crash.
- Add TreeVocabulary for nested tree-like vocabularies.
- Fix broken Object field validation where the schema contains a Choice with ICountextSourceBinder source. In this case the vocabulary was not iterable because the field was not bound and the source binder didn’t return the real vocabulary. Added simple test for IContextSourceBinder validation. But a test with an Object field with a schema using a Choice with IContextSourceBinder is still missing.
- Fix bug in
DottedNamewhich would fail validation on being given unicode. Introduced in 4.0.0.
- Fix deprecated unittest methods.
- Port to Python 3. This adds a dependency on six and removes support for Python 2.5.
- Fix broken Object field validation. Previous version was using a volatile property on object field values which ends in a ForbiddenAttribute error on security proxied objects.
defaultFactoryattribute for all fields. It is a callable that can be used to compute default values. The simplest case is:
If the factory needs a context to compute a sensible default value, then it must provide
IContextAwareDefaultFactory, which can be used as follows:
@provider(IContextAwareDefaultFactory) def today(context): return context.today() Date(defaultFactory=today)
- Rename the validation token, used in the validation of schema with Object
Field to avoid infinite recursion:
_v_schema_being_validated, a volatile attribute, to avoid persistency and therefore, read/write conflicts.
- Don’t allow “^`” in DottedName. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.schema/+bug/191236
- Improve error messages when term tokens or values are duplicates.
- Fix the buildout so the tests run.
- fix validation of schema with Object Field that specify Interface schema.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module to the one from zope.testing.
- Avoid maximum recursion when validating Object field that points to cycles
- Make the dependency on
- Allow “setup.py test” to run at least a subset of the tests runnable
setup.py testvs. 258. for
zope.schema._bootstrapfields.ValidatedPropertydescriptor work under Jython.
- Make “setup.py test” tests pass on Jython.
- Prefer zope.testing.doctest over doctestunit.
- Extend validation error to hold the field name.
- Add FieldProperty class that uses Field.get and Field.set methods instead of storing directly on the instance __dict__.
- Don’t fail trying to validate default value for Choice fields with IContextSourceBinder object given as a source. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/340416.
- Add an interface for
vocabularyNameattribute to the
IChoiceinterface, change “vocabulary” attribute description to be more sensible, making it
zope.schema.Fieldinstead of plain
- Make IBool interface of Bool more important than IFromUnicode so adapters registered for IBool take precendence over adapters registered for IFromUnicode.
- Make Choice and Bool fields implement IFromUnicode interface, because
they do provide the
- Change package’s mailing list address to zope-dev at zope.org, as zope3-dev at zope.org is now retired.
- Fix package’s documentation formatting. Change package’s description.
- Add buildout part that builds Sphinx-generated documentation.
- Remove zpkg-related file.
- Made validation tests compatible with Python 2.5 again (hopefully not breaking Python 2.4)
- Add an __all__ package attribute to expose documentation.
- Stop using the old old set type.
- Make tests compatible and silent with Python 2.4.
- Fix __cmp__ method in ValidationError. Show some side effects based on the existing __cmp__ implementation. See validation.txt
- Make ‘repr’ of the ValidationError and its subclasses more sensible. This may require you to adapt your doctests for the new style, but now it makes much more sense for debugging for developers.
- Move zope.testing to “test” extras_require, as it is not needed for zope.schema itself.
- Change the order of classes in SET_TYPES tuple, introduced in previous release to one that was in 3.4 (SetType, set), because third-party code could be dependent on that order. The one example is z3c.form’s converter.
- Add the doctests to the long description.
- Remove use of deprecated ‘sets’ module when running under Python 2.6.
- Remove spurious doctest failure when running under Python 2.6.
- Add support to bootstrap on Jython.
- Add helper methods for schema validation:
- zope.schema now works on Python2.5
Add BeforeObjectAssignedEvent that is triggered before the object field sets a value.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.3.0 release.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.1 release.
Fix missing import of ‘VocabularyRegistryError’. See http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/544 .
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
Add “iterable” sources to replace vocabularies, which are now deprecated and scheduled for removal in Zope 3.3.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope 3.1.0 release.
Allow ‘Choice’ fields to take either a ‘vocabulary’ or a ‘source’ argument (sources are a simpler implementation).
Add ‘TimeDelta’ and ‘ASCIILine’ field types.
Corresponds to the version of the zope.schema package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.